Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What is this?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member scott fitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2003
    Posts
    495
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Pair-Altec-L...ayphotohosting

    I know the Altec 3156, but I have never heard of a 4156, and the frame looks more like an Eminence than an Altec!

    And brand new with 5 year warranty, It doesnt look like one of Bills speakers, because Bills speakers look just like Altec did back in the day!

    So, what is this, and where does it come from? Or is this something you guys are making?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    This is Sparkomatics', er, I mean Altec Lansing Technologies' Chi-Com knock-off of the REAL Altec 3156. I expect Altec Lansing Professional to get out of the horn/driver/woofer/604 business soon, and that Helwick is just liquidating his inventory (for good reason). ALL of ALPro's stuff is made in China. NONE of ALPro's is made by Bill or the folks at Great Plains Audio, anyway!

    HOWEVER - you CAN get NEW horns/drivers/woofers/604's from Bill directly! These are the REAL thing made by former ALTEC employees on the original tooling ALTEC used using the same materials and methods!

    Go to:

    Great Plains Audio Homepage

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ February 02, 2006 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Todd W. White ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member scott fitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2003
    Posts
    495
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just wanted to know what it was, as it really looks like an Eminence basket, I wasnt contemplating buying them, though.

    I would only buy new from GPA, its the only thing to have, really!

    Thanks for clearing this up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.